- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode with Networking
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Enable Boot Logging
- Enable VGA Mode
- Last Known Good Configuration
- Directory Services Restore Mode
- Loads safe mode options but starts a command prompt instead of the graphical user interface. This option also creates a log file
- Uses the last known good configuration information in the registry to start the computer.
- "Loads only the basic devices and drivers that are required to start the computer, including the mouse, keyboard, mass storage devices, base video, and the standard, default set of system services. This option also creates a log file
- Creates a log file that references all of the drivers and services that the system loads (or does not load). This log file is called Ntbtlog.txt and is located in the systemroot folder (the folder that contains the Windows 2000 system files).
- Loads the basic VGA driver. This mode is useful if a video driveris preventing Windows 2000 from starting properly.
- Allows restoration and maintenance of Active Directory and restoration of the Sysvol folder on domain controllers.
- Loads only the basic devices and drivers that are required to start the computer and enable networking. This option also creates a log file.