| Lesson 5 || Key Component Requirements |
| Objective || Learn what you need to take this course. |
Linux Key Component Requirements
What are the hardware requirements to install the latest version of Red Hat Linux?
The hardware requirements to install the latest version of Red Hat Linux may vary depending on the specific version and edition of the operating system. However, Red Hat provides minimum recommended hardware specifications for most of their editions.
Here are the minimum recommended hardware specifications for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8:
- Processor: 64-bit, dual-core, 1.8 GHz or higher.
- RAM: 2 GB of memory is recommended, but a minimum of 1 GB is required for graphical installation.
- Hard drive: A minimum of 20 GB of disk space is required, but more is recommended depending on the intended use of the system.
- Graphics: A graphics card capable of a minimum resolution of 1024x768 is recommended.
- Network: An Ethernet adapter capable of at least 10 Mbps throughput is recommended.
It is important to note that these are only the minimum recommended hardware specifications, and that higher specifications may be required for optimal performance, particularly for enterprise-level installations. Additionally, certain features and applications may require additional hardware or software resources.
Before installing Red Hat Linux, it is recommended to consult the specific hardware and software requirements for the edition and version of the operating system that you intend to use, to ensure that your system is compatible and can provide the necessary performance and capabilities.
Download Red Hat Linux for free
You can download the Red Hat Linux operating system for free from Red Hat Enterprise Linux
As of 2019 you can download the Enterprise edition of Redhat Linux for free using the URL above.
Purchase Red Hat Linux
Back in early 2000, there were several advantages to purchasing a boxed set of the Red Hat Linux operating system.
Alternatively, if you would rather not make decisions about which components to download, a process that is time consuming and requires intimate knowledge of the hardware environment into which Linux is to be introduced-,
you can buy the software from the following website . If you are interested in purchasing Linux, it can be purchased from the following link.
Redhat.com - Store
- Linux platforms: Enterprise Linux products that help modernize your infrastructure, boost efficiency through standardization and virtualization, and prepare your datacenter for an open hybrid cloud IT architecture.
- JBoss Middleware: A comprehensive portfolio of standards-based products, including integration platforms, business rules, process-automation platforms, in-memory data grids, and application runtimes.
- Training: Hands-on, lab-intensive training courses and performance-based exams that help you master Red Hat technologies.
They included the following:
- Service and support: A variety of options are available.
- Software: This includes both the Red Hat Linux CD and the Red Hat Linux Source Code CD.
- Documentation: This includes the Official Red Hat Linux Installation Guide and the Official Red Hat Linux Documentation CD.
Additional information is listed on the Red Hat Web site.
Red Hat can help you deliver high-performing Infrastructures
Linux has become the standard operating system for cloud infrastructure as well as the preferred delivery vehicle for modern applications.
This is, in part, to it being reliable environment that offers scale, security, and robust application support. Red Hat Enterprise Linux expands on this trust and credibility by offering a supported, hardened, enterprise environment that delivers on more efficient operational costs, better reliability and availability, and better scalability. These translate into a better return on investment (ROI) for our enterprise customers.
IDC's study, The Business Value of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, interviewed 12 organizations to see how they are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux to support their business operations. These organizations reported that Red Hat provides a cost-effective, efficient, and reliable operating environment.
In the next lesson, you will learn about course resources.