We also covered some of the important preparation tactics you should implement prior to the upgrade. Not all upgrades go smoothly and one should possess the necessary skills for alternative courses of action.
Always prev up your important data and system configuration parameters prior to embarking on the upgrade process.
Now that you have completed this module, you should be able to:
- Identify client upgrade paths for Windows 2000 Professional
- Upgrade clients running Windows2000 or 98 to Windows 2000
- Upgrade clients running Windows NT Workstation 3.51 or 4.0
- Install the Directory Services Client
- Identify server upgrade paths for Windows Server
- List critical data files and settings to prev up before upgrading
- Troubleshoot common setup errors
Click the Quiz link below to assess your knowledge of upgrading to Windows.
Upgrading Windows - Quiz
In the next module, you will learn how to configure Windows hardware and display options.