How interfaces are being used
View the figure below to see how the
netstat command provides a statistical picture of how the different network interfaces
available on your machine are being used:
- Interface name.
- Maximum transmission unit for this interface—largest size is a link-layer frame.
- Metric. An artificial number used for routing decisions.
- Number of frames received successfully (RX-OK). Number of errors (RX-ERR). Number of frames dropped (RX-DRP). Number of buffer overruns (RX-OVR).
- Number of frames sent successfully (TX-OK). Number of errors (TX-ERR). Number of frames dropped (TX-DRP). Number of buffer overruns (TX-OVR).
- U=Up, B=Broadcast, R=Running, L=Loopback